Bridging Arts

Monday 23 November 2009

Tracey Emin's blankets and embroidery returned

More embroidery with a message.... Tracey Emin's embroidered blankets are part of her latest show, now in New York. Previously at White Cube, London.
Emin says the show is
"about drawing, about the line. To quote Rudi Fuchs, esteemed Dutch art historian, my 'salty line'. Through my embroideries, the line I draw is accentuated and extreme, which complements the way that I think. I'm on a constant search for clarity."
Drive to the Furzedown Project in Wandsworth to return traditional embroidery that we do not have room to display in the exhibition...















Ferdous Rahman checks it off. Sad to see it go.



















Funnily enough the day ends with Tracey Emin - on BBC2 on a programme seeking promising new artists. She talks about the importance of drawing in art. Not everyone agrees.